BNP Control (B-Type Natriuretic Peptide)
Our BNP Control is human EDTA plasma based and contains both BNP-32 and NT-proBNP, which makes it ideally suited for use on a wide variety of assay platforms.
|Shelf Life||24 Months|
|Reconstituted or Open Vial Stability||BNP: 2 Days, NT-proBNP: 5 Days|
|Typical Fill Sizes|
B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) levels are related to the severity of signs and symptoms of heart failure.
- BNP levels differentiate chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and heart failure facilitating early patient entry into the appropriate care pathway.
- BNP concentrations, at presentation, have been able to accurately reflect final diagnosis.
- In combination with the patient history and physical examination, BNP concentrations provide independent indication of ventricular function without use of other invasive or expensive diagnostic tests.
- Circulating BNP concentrations increase with severity of heart failure.
- Correlation exists between BNP concentrations and left ventricular end diastolic pressure.
- Inverse correlation exists between BNP levels and left ventricular function following acute myocardial infarction.
- Elevated BNP concentrations are associated with raised pulmonary wedge pressures, reduced ventricular systolic and diastolic function, left ventricular hypertrophy, and myocardial infarction.